Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Making this up as I go.

I've always loved to create- whether that be sewing, painting, cooking, taking pictures, acting, or writing- and I've wanted to start a blog for a while now.  Over-analyzing things is a special strength of mine (surely that's not a weakness, is it?) so for a long time, I've agonized over a blog title.  What would it say about me?  About the blog?  What did I want to write about, anyway?  

I would have stayed in this analysis paralysis (oh man, am i funny or what?) if not for the help of my mom.  She listened to me and asked the right mom-ish questions that lead you down the path of answering your own questions. It's almost magical the way moms do that, isn't it?  (Thanks mom!)  I want to write about everything anything that inspires me.  And there are a lot of things that inspire me.  And the things that inspire me usually send me into a daydream.  And do you know what another word for "daydream" is?  Of course you do, you're brilliant, and therefore you know that a reverie is "a state of dreamy meditation or fanciful musing." (thanks, dictionary.com)  Isn't "reverie" such a lovely word? 

So here are some of the things that inspire me, that induce a state of "fanciful musing" (some of the things I'll be writing about):
-Decorating- Someday I'll have a house of my own. Until then, I'll do what I can in a rental.
-Jesus Christ, faith, and religion in general.  My faith is the core of who I am.  To not write about it would be to ignore a central piece of my heart. 
-Cooking- following a recipe is boring.  
-The hubs- isn't he handsome!?


-Reading- I love books. And magazines. And blogs.  Pretty much anything I can read.
-Blowing bubbles
-My puppy- the CUTEST BESTEST dog in the whole wide world: Sawyer


-Music- in just about any form.
-Photography- I know you probably can't tell from these poor, unfocused pictures, but I love taking pictures.  Please be patient with the sometimes-sad quality.  All I have is my iphone and my little point and shoot camera.  A DSLR will come into my life someday...
-Creating- There'll probably be a whole post dedicated to this headboard project.
-Movies- We have a problem.  Too many DVD's and yet we can't stop buying them. At least they're alphabetized.
-Papa John's pepperoni and pineapple pizza- oh the wonders of garlic butter sauce!
-Crafting- Making something usable (and hopefully attractive) out of previously unused objects, love it! 
-The smell of clean laundry
-Anything DIY
-Flowers.  Oh how I love flowers.  Flower print fabrics, flowers in a garden, flowers in a vase, flower jewelry, flower pictures. Any time.  Any way.  Any where.

So that's what I'm planning for this blog.  But I have a feeling it'll take on a life of its own and become whatever it wants to be.  If you're reading this first little blog post, (1) thank you, and (2) I apologize for all the rookie mistakes I'm sure that I'm making.  

Stay tuned as I continue to make this up as I go.  

2 comments:

  1. No apologies! As Julia Child would say... SO EXCITED IT'S FINALLY HERE! I will be your avid reader and #2 fan! (After your mom of course... or maybe I'll have to take the #3 spot, because my mom might beat me to #2). This is a great, well-written, fun first post.

    And your photos are spectacular! I've always been amazed at your capabilities with your point and shoot. And the iPhone can work wonders for sure.

    So proud and excited for your blogging journey to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, pepperoni and pineapple!!! Oh, and yay blogging!

    ReplyDelete